Paula M. Bagger
Law Office of Paula M. Bagger LLC
One Marina Park Drive, Suite 1410
Boston, MA 02210
99 Derby Street, Suite 200
Hingham, MA 02043
Phone: (617) 807-7111
Mobile: (781) 427-1947
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer, Business Litigation, 2004-2009, 2011-2021. Recognized as one of the Top 50 Woman Lawyers in Massachusetts, 2020-2021.
- Life Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review, Rated AV Preeminent
- Senior Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers. Chair, 2022-2023; Vice Chair, 2021-2022; Member, 2019-2021. Hearing Officer, 2014-2019
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation. Co-Chair, Commercial and Business Litigation Committee, 2020- 2023; Co-Chair, Content Management Committee, 2018-2020; Member, Content Management Committee, 2016-2018; Vice Chair, Commercial and Business Litigation Committee: 2015-2017; Editor in Chief, Commercial and Business Litigation newsletter, 2013-2015.
- Judge, ABA Law Student Division National Appellate Advocacy Competition, 2016-2021
- Boston Bar Association. Co-Chair, Business and Commercial Litigation Section, 2017-2018; Member, Solo and Small Firm Section, 2018- ; Law Day in the Schools, 2016-2019.
Alternate Dispute Resolution
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, public arbitrator, 2018 –
- American Arbitration Association, national panel of commercial arbitrators, 2021-
- American Arbitration Association, national panel of consumer arbitrators, 2022-
- Mediation Works, Inc. Pro bono mediator for District Court Mediation Program. 2021-.
- Cape Mediation, Inc. Pro bono conciliator in Barnstable and Orleans District Court.
- Federal Bar Association Pro Bono Mediation Program, 2017-.
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Strafford CLE, “Representing Closely Held Entities: Conflicts of Interest and Fiduciary. Duties to a Company and its Principals.” [April 2021]
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, “The Importance of Force Majeure Clauses in the Covid-19 Era,” chapter in Contract Boilerplate for Litigators [March 2021]
- Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc., 20th Annual Business Litigation Conference (panelist) February 2021
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, Third Party Contract Beneficiaries: What Did the Parties Intend? a chapter in “Contract Boilerplate for Litigators,” published on the Commercial and Business Litigation committee web page (January 2020)
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, “How to Run your Website: Issues and Strategies,” Fall Leadership Meeting, October 2019.
- Boston Bar Association, “Hang Your Own (Virtual) Shingle After Law School” (panelist) March 2019
- “The GDPR–New EU Law on Personal Data,” Commercial and Business Litigation (April 2018)
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, “Editor’s Symposium,” Fall Leadership Meeting, September 2017
- Stafford CLE, “Representing Closely Held Entities: Conflicts of Interest and Fiduciary Duties to a Company and its Principals” September 2017
- Boston Bar Association, “BLS Year in Review” (moderator) June 2017
- Boston Bar Association, “The 2015 Amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure” (moderator) September 2016
- Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, “14th Annual Business Litigation Conference” (panelist) January 2015
- “Ethical Issues Facing Corporate Counsel in Closely Held Business Disputes,” Commercial & Business Litigation (Winter 2015)
- President, Hingham Historical Society, Hingham, Mass.